Swedesboro joins the list of towns in southern Jersey with Scandinavian heritage. Once a part of the New Sweden colony, Swedesboro was founded sometime in the 17th century. Before the village became known as Swedesboro, however, it was originally named Raccoon until it was renamed in 1765. It officially became a borough in 1902.
A designated Tree City USA, Swedesboro is part of Gloucester County. Philadelphia is easily reachable from the town, whether you’re driving or taking the bus. Enjoy the historic downtown, bask in the history, and live your best life here.
What’s in Swedesboro?
- A collection of finely preserved historic buildings, starting with the Old Swedes Trinity Episcopal Church and the Nothnagle Log Cabin, both listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
- Raccoon Creek, the go-to place in Swedesboro for residents who are in the mood to go fishing or boating.
- Great diners, such as Tavro Thirteen, Botto’s Italian Line Restaurant, Vesuvio Ristorante, and Spicy Affair Indian Kitchen.
- Recreational spots such as the Swedesboro Lake Park, Beckett Golf Club for great tee times in the rolling fairways, and the nearby day spa In The Village, where you can soothe your sore muscles and pamper yourself.
- Well-performing public schools supervised by the Swedesboro-Woolwich School District.
Homes for Sale in Swedesboro, NJ
Swedesboro, NJ real estate has beautiful homes to offer for every kind of home buyer. There are single-family homes in spacious lots with backyards for play and outdoor living, modern condos and townhomes that are conveniently located, stately luxury houses, and sprawling acreage properties available in the market.
Do you want to tour homes for sale in Swedesboro, NJ? I’d be delighted to show you around. Connect with me today at 864.434.4050 or contact me here to schedule a real estate consultation. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.