Swedesboro joins the list of towns in southern Jersey with Scandinavian heritage. Once a part of the New Sweden colony, Swedesboro was founded in 1638. Before the village became known as Swedesboro, however, it was originally named Raccoon (from the Lenape word “narraticon”) same as the creek that runs on the northside of town, until it was renamed in 1765. It officially became a borough in 1902.
A designated Tree City USA, Swedesboro is part of Gloucester County with a population of about 2,600 within it ¾ of a square mile area. Philadelphia is easily reachable from the town, whether you’re driving or taking the bus. Enjoy the charming, historic, yet developing downtown, bask in the history, and live your best life here.
What’s in Swedesboro?
- A collection of finely preserved historic buildings, including four placed on one of the formal Registers – Trinity Episcopal “Old Swedes” Church, Richardson Avenue School, The John C. Rulon House and the Van Leer/Mortenson Log Cabin.
- Raccoon Creek, the go-to place in Swedesboro for residents who are in the mood to go fishing or boating.
- Great dining options, such as Swedesboro Diner [provide hyperlink] Tavro Thirteen, Botto’s Italian Line Restaurant, Vesuvio Ristorante, Spicy Affair Indian Kitchen, Latteria [provide hyperlink] and Swedesboro Bakery [provide hyperlink]
- Recreational spots such as the Swedesboro Lake Park, Beckett Golf Club for great tee times in the rolling fairways, and the nearby day spa In The Village, where you can soothe your sore muscles and pamper yourself.
- Well-performing public schools supervised by the Swedesboro-Woolwich School District.
Homes for Sale in Swedesboro, NJ
Swedesboro, NJ real estate has beautiful homes to offer for every kind of home buyer. There are single-family homes in spacious lots with backyards for play and outdoor living, modern condos and townhomes that are conveniently located, stately luxury houses, and sprawling acreage properties available in the market.
Do you want to tour homes for sale in Swedesboro, NJ? We’d be delighted to show you around. Connect Gina Romano, today at 864.434.4050 or through this page to schedule a real estate consultation. We look forward to serving you!
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.